1. STUNNING Ulster County is a spectacular four-season playground, with the
Shawangunk Ridge, the Catskills, the Hudson River, and fertile farmland throughout. Access to free outdoor enjoyment is never far away.
2. DELICIOUS Ulster County is home to the farm-to-table movement. With hundreds of farms, over 30 craft beverage producers, amazing restaurants, and innumerable small-batch food and dessert makers, it is a delectable place to live and work.
3. EDUCATED Ulster County’s schools, together with SUNY New Paltz and SUNY Ulster, fuel businesses throughout the region with bright, talented workers in dozens of industry sectors. Our schools are ready to help your business now.
4. CREATIVE Ulster County is deFIned by its creative community. Many of the nation’s most acclaimed artists, musicians, and writers call the county home. With a competitive tax credit for filmmakers, the area is primed to take center stage on the silver screen.
5. PRODUCTIVE Business is booming! the county is seeing significant growth in many job sectors, including technology, tourism, food and beverage, manufacturing, professional services, and many others. Any industry can succeed in Ulster!
6. GREEN A firm commitment to the environment has made the county a national leader in sustainability. Ulster was featured in the December 2016 issue of National Geographic for the innovative work it has done in environmental preservation, eciency, and outdoor recreation. We are proud to be the first and only net-carbon-neutral county in New York State.
7. WORLD CLASS Some of the greatest events in the Northeast take place in Ulster County! From the Horse Shows In the Sun (HITS) in Saugerties, which includes top notch horse-jumping competitions, to Kingston’s O+ art and music festival, to the Phoenicia Festival of the Voice and the Woodstock Film Festival, the best of everything is right here.
8. AFFORDABLE Ulster County’s reasonably priced real estate allows for a lower cost of living and doing business. From dollhouse Victorians to modern industrial lofts, there is something for everyone in our charming towns, villages, city, and hamlets.
9. FUN You will never run out of exciting things to do in Ulster County, home to over 350 miles of hiking trails. From arts and cultural events and festivals to biking, kayaking, hang gliding, rock climbing, and skiing, Ulster County will keep you entertained.
10. INDISPENSABLE The County’s economic development experts are eager to help your business grow and thrive. We offer business counseling and assistance finding the best sites, the right partners for funding, and info on available programs and incentives for business development.